HÀ NỘI — A screening of the documentary Robert Doisneau: Le revolte du merveilleux (Robert Doisneau: Through the Lens) will be presented at the Vincom Centre of Contemporary Art (VCCA) on Saturday, May 29.
Robert Doisneau (1912 - 1994) was a French photographer and early pioneer of photojournalism and street photography.
Directed by Clementine Deroudille, the documentary features unissued photographs and videos as well as interviews of Doisneau’s friends and partners. Through the documentary, viewers can learn about how a kid from poor suburbs in Paris turned to be a superstar photographer. It draws an intimate portrait of the life and work of the artist.
The screening is part of the ‘Photo Hanoi ‘21’ initiated by the French Institute in Ha Noi, L'Espace, aiming to express diverse perspectives and approaches to the multi-coloured world of domestic and international photographers. It will start at 7.30pm. Free entrance. VCCA is at B1-R3 Floor, Royal City, 72A Nguyễn Trãi Street. VNS
- Documentary on President Ho Chi Minh screened in Algeria
- Short film screening and talk with directors
- Việt Nam News documentary wins at US film festival
- Winners of script creation contest for documentary and animated films honoured
- Hanoi in the past through lens of German photographer
- Vietnamese stories retold through the lens of Czech photographer
- Documentary looks into President Hồ Chí Minh’s testament
- Vietnamese documentary eligible for Oscar 2022 nomination
- Sky Tour leads box office