A new recreated plan of the whole site, which will be excavated soon for restoration. Photo dantri.com.vn
THANH HÓA — Last week, local authorities of the central province of Thanh Hóa approved a project to expand the excavation of Trieu Tường Mausoleum in Ha Trung District with a total investment of nearly VNĐ500 billion (US$21.7 million).
The project aims to promote the value of the mausoleum and is part of a bigger plan to form an attractive historical and spiritual tourist route by connecting the mausoleum with Phủ Trịnh relic and Hồ Dynasty Citadel, which was recognised by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site in June 2011.
The project includes Trieu Tường Mausoleum, an area to promote relic values located in the east of the mausoleum, Trường Nguyen Mausoleum, Đuc Ông Temple and traffic infrastructure.
Trieu Tường Mausoleum was built in 1803 and will be under a project of forming an attractive historical and spiritual tourist route serving tourism and developing the socio-economic sector of Thanh Hóa province. Photo dantri.com.vn
The project is invested by Thanh Hóa Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism with a total investment of nearly VNĐ500 billion from the budget of Thanh Hóa Province, Ha Trung District and other sources.
The project construction site is in Ha Long Commune, Ha Trung District with an implementation period of five years (2019-2023).
Based on preserved historical documents, photos and books about the relic, researchers agree that the Trường Nguyen Mausoleum was built very sophisticatedly and meticulously and has been likened to a miniature model of the iconic Huế Imperial Citadel.
Trieu Tường Mausoleum was built in 1803 by King Gia Long. It used to be a worship place of the ancestors of the nine lords and 13 kings of the Nguyễn Dynasty. VNS
- President Hồ Chí Minh Mausoleum closes for annual maintenance
- President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum to reopen from October 30
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum to suspend visits for annual makeover
- Party, State leaders visit President Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum
- The road more than 2 km in brilliant purple flowers with mausoleum: Young people check-in
- Citizens gather at Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum to attend flag raising ceremony on National Day
- Thanh Hoa to spend VND15bn on Ho Citadel’s stone wall restoration
- The temple dedicated to the Dô Công Tuong couple recognized as a national historical and cultural relic
- 5 monuments should visit when coming to Hanoi