- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Viet Nam is expected to receive 31 million COVID-19 vaccine doses developed by US-based firm Pfizer in the second half of 2021, said the Ministry of Health (MoH).
The MoH and relevant agencies have taken measures to accelerate negotiations towards signing an agreement to purchase the vaccine.
According to Health Minister Nguyễn Thanh Long, the ministry has coordinated with the Government Office, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, and the Ministry of Justice, to consult Cabinet members on the purchase of the Pfizer vaccine, and prepare to sign an agreement for 31 million doses as soon as possible.
The negotiation process for this agreement has been continuously promoted by the MoH, focusing on terms related to liability, payment, reimbursement and risks when implementing the agreement on the principle of ensuring compliance with the law of Viet Nam and international law.
The MoH has also negotiated with many COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers such as Astra Zeneca, Moderna, Gamelaya with the goal of having enough COVID-19 vaccines to serve the country.
It is also working with foreign partners on the transfer of vaccine production technology.
Viet Nam began its COVID-19 inoculation drive on March 8, using the AstraZeneca vaccine from the UK. More than one million shots were given to frontline medical workers and members of community-based anti-COVID-19 groups as of 4pm on May 18.
Currently, four Vietnamese vaccines are under development, produced by Nagogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC, the Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC), Vaccine and Biological Production Company No. 1 (Vabiotech) and the Center for Research and Production of Vaccines and Biologicals (Polyvac).
This article was originally published in VNS
- 31 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to arrive in Vietnam in Q3, 4
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- Procurement of Covid-19 vaccines an urgent task: PM
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK
- Brazil buys 100 million more doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine
- Vietnam to arrange 110 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine this year
- Vietnam to buy 31 million Pfizer doses in second half of 2021
- Vietnam to receive some 4.1 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam will receive 30 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine