- 1,473 cases have been recorded in 28 cities and provinces across Vietnam
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave has risen to 1,473 as the Health Ministry confirmed 48 more cases Tuesday evening.
The new patients are registered in four northern provinces of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Dien Bien and Thai Binh.
Bac Giang reported 33 cases that are all linked to the clusters in its industrial parks of Quang Chau, Van Trung, and Dinh Tram in Viet Yen District. The province has decided to temporarily shut down these parks until further notice in a bid to stop the infection from spreading further.
In Bac Ninh Province, 12 cases are related to the cluster in Mao Dien Commune of Thuan Thanh District and one is a worker at the Japanese optical-imaging firm Canon Vietnam, which became a cluster a week ago.
The two cases in Dien Bien and Thai Binh are people who have had contact with Covid-19 patients.
Since the new wave of Covid-19 started three weeks ago, 1,473 cases have been recorded in 28 cities and provinces across Vietnam, including 507 in Bac Giang and 306 in Bac Ninh.
Ho Chi Minh City recorded a coronavirus positive case Tuesday, but the 35-year-old man has not been confirmed a Covid patient by the health ministry.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Vietnam confirms 117 new Covid-19 cases
- Over 977,000 people of the Vietnam’s population have been vaccinated against Covid-19
- Vietnam confirms 60 more Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam records 77 new Covid-19 community transmissions Sunday evening
- Vietnam’s domestic Covid-19 tally was up by 33 on Thursday morning
- Saigon surpasses Hanoi to become 3rd largest COVID-19 hotspot in Vietnam
- Health Ministry confirms 22 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning