- The country has recorded a total of 4,359 Covid-19 cases to date
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Health Ministry confirmed 117 new Covid-19 cases Monday night – 116 community transmissions and one imported – in seven localities.
The new cases were recorded in Hanoi, the northern provinces of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Phu Tho, Hung Yen and Vinh Phuc and the central city of Da Nang.
Of these, 61 cases in Bac Giang are related to clusters at three industrial parks Quang Chau, Van Trung, and Dinh Tram in Viet Yen District, and 38 cases in Bac Ninh stemmed from contact with two previously confirmed patients.
Seven new patients confirmed in Da Nang had come into contact with existing cases and were already in quarantine.
Hanoi’s five new cases are all also related to previously confirmed patients and outbreaks.
The four new cases in Phu Tho and Hung Yen were also detected in quarantine facilities.
The case in Vinh Phuc is that of a man who flew from Da Nang to Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport on Vietnam Airlines flight VN160 on April 29.
The imported case is that of a woman from Hanoi’s Soc Son District who has been quarantined in the central province of Khanh Hoa after landing May 14 at the Cam Ranh International Airport from Japan
Since the new Covid-19 wave broke out on April 27, Vietnam has reported 1,321 community transmissions in 27 cities and provinces.
The country has recorded a total of 4,359 Covid-19 cases to date, including 2,668 recoveries and 37 deaths.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Vietnam confirmed its 37th Covid-19 death
- Vietnam confirms 60 more Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam records 77 new Covid-19 community transmissions Sunday evening
- Six more Covid-19 cases detected in Hanoi, Hung Yen
- Vietnam adds another 56 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday at noon, total reaches 3,593
- Vietnam logs 56 new COVID-19 cases by noon on Wednesday, total reaches 3,593
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- Vietnam confirms 14 more Covid-19 infection cases
- Vietnam confirms 34 more COVID-19 cases