- The nation has reported 3,854 Covid-19 cases
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
A 89-year-old woman with Covid-19 died Saturday, becoming the country’s 36th coronavirus death and the first in eight months.
“Patient 3839” died with “underlying conditions,” according to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
She was diagnosed with severe pneumonia due to Covid-19, advanced respiratory failure, diabetes and hypertension, among others.
The patient lived in Thuan Thanh District in the northern province of Bac Ninh. She had made contact with a coronavirus case and tested positive on Thursday.
She had been supported with ventilators and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), among other measures to stave off infections.
Vietnam’s previously recorded 35 coronavirus deaths were all associated with a Covid-19 outbreak in Da Nang in July and August last year, with the most recent death recorded in September. Many of them were elderly patients with underlying conditions like diabetes or kidney failure.
The nation has reported 3,854 Covid-19 cases since the disease broke out early last year, including 2,657 recoveries. The ongoing fourth wave has seen 824 local cases in 26 cities and provinces.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, raising death toll to 17
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, tally now at 18
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Two COVID-19 deaths recorded in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports another COVID-19 death, 20 new cases
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, death toll at 27
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- Six new cases, one more COVID-19-related death reported
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam