- The number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 3,740
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
30 more Covid-19 infection cases were reported in Vietnam on Friday morning, raising the total number of patients in the country to 3,740, the Ministry of Health has reported.
According to the ministry’s report, 29 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases who were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown, including 10 in Bac Giang Province, nine in Hanoi, six in Bac Ninh Province, and four in Lang Son Province.
As of Friday morning, 712 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27. The outbreak has so far spread to 26 cities and provinces nation-wide.
One imported patient is a 34-year-old woman who returned from China to Ha Giang Province on May 10. She was sent to a local quarantine facility upon arrival and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 12. The patient is now being treated at a local hospital.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 3,740, including 2,282 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on May 13, a total of 2,657 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 77, 000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
Also on May 13, 17,152 more people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccinated people to 959,182.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Hai Duong reports two more Covid-19 infection cases
- Vietnam reports five more imported Covid-19 infection cases
- Two foreigners tested positive for Covid-19 in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms three more imported Covid-19 cases on Sunday
- No new locally transmitted infections, 15 positive cases in treatment
- No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
- Vietnam confirms 16 more imported Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms six new imported Covid-19 patients
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning