- As of noon on May 12, Bac Ninh reported 123 Covid-19 infection cases
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
As many as 1,600 people have been put into quarantine for Covid-19 prevention in Bac Ninh Province after three new Covid-19 infection cases were confirmed.
On May 9, Bac Ninh authorities transferred a man, who is an employee at Vietnam Canon Company, to a field hospital in Gia Binh District after he tested positive for Covid-19.
On May 11, they detected nearly 600 people who had come into close contact with the patient. As many as 1998 samples were collected for viral testing and two came back positive. On the following day, local authorities issued the decision to lock down the dormitory of Vietnam Canon Company and an apartment building at Que Vo Hill View with 1,300 residents. They also locked down Chua Village with 300 residents for at least 14 days.
Bac Ninh City People’s Committee was asked to direct and work with related agencies to set up checkpoints and monitor the locked-down areas.
As of noon on May 12, Bac Ninh reported 123 Covid-19 infection cases in six districts, communes and city. There are 21 new cases on May 12. 18 patients are being treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and K Hospital. 105 patients are being treated at Bac Ninh General Hospital and field hospitals in Tien Du and Gia Binh districts.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Hai Phong locks down hospital after a coronavirus infection
- Vietnam confirms new Covid-19 community cases in Hanoi, Bac Ninh, all linked to Hai Duong
- Six fresh imported Covid-19 cases reported in Tay Ninh, Bac Ninh
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Vietnam reports another 9 cases of COVID-19 in the community, total 1651
- Two foreigners tested positive for Covid-19 in Vietnam
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Nine more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Building in Times City locked down