- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health has just announced 32 more Covid-19 infection cases, raising the total number of locally-transmitted patients on Monday morning to 109.
This was the first time the Ministry of Health announced a half-day tally. The tally was used to be announced in the early morning and the late afternoon.
There was one imported case in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province and 31 locally-transmitted cases. 21 of the cases were confirmed in Hanoi, including 12 cases in the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. There were seven cases in Bac Giang Province. Hoa Binh, Hai Duong provinces and Danang City each reported one case.
The imported case is a Pakistani expert. The National Hospital for Tropical Diseases reported that one staff, eight patients and three family members had been infected. Three other community cases in Hanoi are related to the outbreak at K Hospital. Five people in Gia Lam District tested positive on May 10 and a one-year-old baby from Hai Ba Trung District tested positive.
The cases in Bac Giang, Hai Duong and Danang were found via contact tracing. The patient in Hoa Binh was related to the outbreak at K Hospital.
The outbreak in Thuan Thanh District, Bac Ninh Province, continued to worsen on the morning of May 10. The district reported a total of 90 cases, 79 of which were in Mao Dien Commune. There are two cases in Nghia Dao Commune. Xuan Lam, Hoai Thuong and Tri Qua communes each have three cases.
The locality authorities quickly started the contact tracing and detected 1,452 F1 people who were in contact with patients zero and thousands of more people who were in contact with F1 people. Nearly 14,000 samples have been taken.
Thuan Thanh District was locked down from May 9 after 37 cases were reported there. All 180,000 residents in Thuan Thanh will be tested for Covid-19. From May 5 to 10, Bac Ninh Province reported a total of 101 cases.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19
- Health Ministry reports 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 21 in Hanoi
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Nine more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- No new locally transmitted infections, 15 positive cases in treatment
- No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
- Covid-19 pandemic spreads to 19 localities in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports five more imported Covid-19 infection cases