HCM CITY — More than 13,000 athletes from 44 cities and provinces took part in the 4th edition of the Techcombank HCM City International Marathon event that opened on April 9.
Sixty companies competed in the corporate challenge, providing a platform for their staff, clients and suppliers to embrace a healthy lifestyle.
The marathon has grown to become the most anticipated sport event among professional athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It is the country’s largest running competition for the third time in a row, according to the organisers.
The annual event features four runs: a marathon (42.195 km), a half-marathon (21.1km), a 10km race, and a 5km race.
A children's 1.5km run is held for 5-10 year-olds and a 3km run for 7-14 year-olds.
This year’s marathon course crosses Thủ Đuc City and districts 1, 3, 5, 6 and Bình Thạnh.
The tourism and sports sectors have made concerted efforts to raise the marathon to the level of other cities in the world, said Mai Ba Hung, deputy director of the city’s Department of Culture and Sport.
Participants will pass by many of the city’s historic and iconic landmarks, he said.
The event is co-organised by the city’s Department of Culture and Sports, Department of Tourism, the HCM City Athletics Federation, HCM City Tourism Promotion Centre, Sunrise Viet Nam, and Techcombank.
It will end on April 11. —VNS
- Thousands descend on Ly Son island for annual marathon
- 5000 runners join Longbien Marathon 2020
- Vietnam Trail Marathon attracts 4,300 runners
- Annual VnExpress Marathon Quy Nhơn returns next month
- VnExpress Marathon Quy Nhon postponed until end July
- Vietnam national marathon series kicked off by Dalat Ultra Trail
- Eighth HCMC Marathon to attract thousands of runners
- Int’l marathon kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City with some 14,000 participants
- Thousands to join VPBank Hanoi Marathon ASEAN 2020
- Hà Nội international marathon to welcome ‘new normal’