HCM CITY Vietnamese street food cuisine has become one of the most popular food items on Instagram, the world’s largest photo sharing network, reaffirming its rising popularity among food lovers.
Vietnamese street food received 2.84 million tags on Instagram, which was the world's ninth most popular food. It analysed Instagram tags to reveal what cuisines and foods were trending around the world as shared by millions of foodies via the online platform.
Research showed Japanese food ranked highest with about 15.5 million related tags, followed by Italian dishes with 14.7 million tags and Indian cuisine with 8.5 million.
Vietnamese cuisine has become better known in the world over the past few years, with international chefs and prestigious food magazines praising several national dishes.
Some of the dishes found on street corners have made it to all corners of the world, like banh mì which was listed among the world's top 20 street foods by Fodor Travel, a US travel site. VNS
- Check out first ever Vietnam Food Travel Map project
- Lonely planet names Vietnam a world s top culinary destination
- Vietnamese, international street food at Hồ Thị Kỷ Street
- Vietnamese cuisine brought closer to Moroccan people
- Falling For Vietnamese Food Belgian Blogger Reviews Saigon Cuisine
- Vietnamese sandwich ranks 6th in the list of ‘the 50 best street dishes in the world’
- Top suggestions for cheap street food in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese food: Raw red jellyfish
- Banh mi honored as world’s best street food
- Ho Chi Minh City in top of Asia’s leading street food places