The ao dai museum is one of the two private museums in Saigon - PHOTOS: THANH HOA
Founded by famous Vietnamese fashion designer Sy Hoang, Ao Dai Museum in HCMC’s District 9 is the first of its kind honoring the beauty and history of the traditional Vietnamese dress. The designer has spent 10 years completing the project of ao dai museum.
The museum, which was put into operation in 2014, displays ao dai designs developed in different historical periods. Each ao dai showcased there has an interesting story.
The museum complex also features a green space which gives visitors an impression that they are very close to nature.
Inside the museum
- Áo Dài exhibition marks International Museum Day
- Explore the first museum in southern Việt Nam
- HCM City considers museum system to boost tourism
- An art private museum expected to be established to attract visitors to HCMC
- Discovering unique world coffee museum in Dak Lak
- Museum in Vũng Tàu houses weapons from around the globe
- Quảng Ninh Museum given highest ranking in country
- HCM City's museums launch online exhibitions
- Traditional Japanese dolls exhibited at HCMC’s museum
- New museum about Hồ Chí Minh Campaign opens in HCM City