Hanoi students back to school next Tuesday as latest virus outbreak ‘basically under control’.
Hanoi has not recorded any community transmission of Covid-19 for nearly two weeks.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Over two million students in Hanoi would return to school on March 2, about an extended one-month Tet break and online classes due to Covid-19, VNExpress reported.
Students from kindergarten to high school levels would return to school on March 2, while those from vocational schools would return on March 8. University student schedules would be determined by the schools themselves, though the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control recommended they reopen starting March 15 to ensure social distancing measures, the municipal People’s Committee said Saturday.
Related: Students in Saigon will return to class Monday after local outbreak contained
Previously, Hanoi students started staying home on Feb. 1, about a week earlier than the expected beginning of the Tet break due to a new wave of Covid-19 sweeping nationwide. After the one-week holiday, they continued to study online.
As on-site classes resume, parents need to take their children’s body temperatures at home, prepare them masks and personal items so they would not have to share them with classmates to avoid infection, city authorities said. Schools are required to regularly disinfect areas, especially those being constantly touched, and vehicles used to carry students.
Hanoi has not recorded any community transmission for nearly two weeks. The city still has two locations under lockdown: the Somerset hotel in Tay Ho District and a neighborhood with five families in Me Linh District. Their lockdown would be lifted on Sunday.
Vietnam has recorded 2,426 Covid-19 cases so far, 548 still active, according to VNExpress.
- Hanoi students to return to schools on March 2
- HCMC’s students to return to school from next week
- Hanoi students return to schools on March 2
- Update: Hanoi students not returning to school on March 2
- Hanoi hopes for students to return to school in March
- All students in Saigon, Hanoi and 24 other cities taking early Tet break
- Students in 14 localities allowed to return to school next Monday
- HCM City, Hanoi, and five other localities to reopen schools in March
- Several provinces allow students get back to school next week
- Students in Ho Chi Minh city heading back to school as the locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases under control