HCM CITY – TripAdvisor readers have named Mỹ Khe in the central city of Đa Nẵng and An Bang in Hoi An City among the most beautiful beaches in Asia.
Around three kilometres from Hoi An, An Bang was in the 24th position on the list of 25 best beaches in Asia, while Mỹ Khe finished off the list.
An Bang is one of the few white-sand beaches left in Viet Nam that has yet to be spoiled by the boom in beach tourism that has resulted in overcrowding, coral damage and environmental pollution.
Once a hidden gem in the old town, the beach entered the international limelight when CNN listed it as one of the 100 best beaches on earth in 2011.
The 10-km-long Mỹ Khe beach running from the base of Sơn Tra Peninsula to Marble Mountains was catapulted to global fame when Australian newspaper The Sunday Herald Sun listed it among Asia's 10 most beautiful beaches in 2012.
Considered Viet Nam's most picturesque beach, Mỹ Khe Beach was named by American troops who visited during the Viet Nam War. – VNS
- An Bang and My Khe two Vietnam beaches voted among most Asia s beautfiul destination
- Hoi An beaches further devastated by storms
- Six Phu Quoc beaches to get your summer on
- Tourists still swim at Nha Trang beaches despite high waves
- Discover five of the most exceptional beaches in Vietnam
- Locals hit the beach as Da Nang lifts swimming ban
- Danang beaches crowded again as Covid-19 pandemic under control