Right after woman tested positive for Covid-19, Haiphong City locked down a commune, where the woman are living.
Local authorities are identifying venues the patient visited and people who came into contact with her.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Vietnam’s port city of Hai Phong locked down Hoang Dong Commune after a 26-year-old woman living there tested positive for Covid-19 today, February 22.
Hai Phong Transport Hospital at No. 40, Street 5, Hong Bang District, where the patient works, has also been locked down and disinfected.
Related: Vietnam reports 90 Covid-19 patients have recovered in Hai Duong and Gia Lai provinces
The woman, residing in Hamlet 4, Hoang Dong Commune, Thuy Nguyen District, has neither left Hai Phong City nor developed Covid-19 symptoms over the past 14 days.
Pham Thu Xanh, head of the Covid-19 quick response team of Hai Phong City, said the local authorities are identifying venues the patient visited and people who came into contact with her. The citizens are not allowed to enter or leave Hoang Dong Commune until further notice.
The steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control of Hai Phong City asked people who had close contact with the patient to immediately contact the nearest medical center for health declarations, an epidemiological investigation and quarantine procedures.
Also read: Once again, Vietnam successfully handles the Covid-19 pandemic. Here’s how
Local residents were encouraged to strictly comply with preventive measures such as wearing masks while stepping out, using hand sanitizers, keeping a safe physical distance from each other and avoiding large gatherings. They should immediately contact the health authorities if they develop symptoms such as a fever, a cough or shortness of breath, according to the Saigon Times.
- Hai Phong hotel locked down after new Covid-19 case
- Hai Phong to apply social distancing in COVID-19 hit areas
- HCM City uses targeted lock-downs due to Covid-19 spread
- Hanoi woman tested positive again for Covid-19 after released from hospital
- Hai Phong locks down hospital after a coronavirus infection
- Covid-19 positive Chinese man, Vietnamese woman unlawfully enter Vietnam
- Travel history of Indian expert, who tested positive for COVID-19 in Hanoi today
- Bac Giang continues making up majority of new Covid-19 cases
- At least 13 members of a religious sect in HCMC tested positive for Covid-19