|(Photo: Nhan Dan Online)|
The move was made in response to the ‘Vietnamese people travel Vietnam’ campaign, launched by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The Ho Chi Minh City-based programme will run through the end of this year with nearly 260 tours and 280,000 vouchers with discounts of up to 70%.
According to Bui Ta Hoang Vu, Director of the municipal Tourism Department, the highlights of the programme include tours to a high-technology agricultural area, Thanh An – Can Gio, and Cu Chi – Ben Duoc, the price for which being only VND99,000 per person.
Visitors can also enjoy a 34% discount on tickets for the river way route to the Ao Dai (Vietnamese traditional long dress) Museum, and 50% off fares on the double-decker city tour Hop on – Hop off service.
Twelve other tourist sites and entertainment places in the city will also offer discounts on entrance fees under the programme.
On the occasion, a website on tourism promotion has been debuted to provide visitors with detailed information on all tours exploring the city.
- Ho Chi Minh City offers cut-price deals to attract domestic travellers
- HCMC offers 10-70 percent discounts on tours, air tickets to stimulate tourism
- Ho Chi Minh City launches new tourism stimulus scheme
- Ho Chi Minh City launches interesting tourist programme to lure visitors
- Hanoi stimulates tourism by rail promotion
- HCM City begins travel stimulus programme
- HCM City officially launches tourism stimulus programme
- Ethnology museum offers attractive products for tourists
- Domestic tourism stimulation programme launched for remainder of the year