Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien said that Vietnam is going to have vaccine that protects pigs from African swine fever.Mr. Tien added that the research on vaccine against African swine fever is fruitful and the vaccine is going to be made and commercialized.
This good news brings delights to owners of over 2.5 million farms and to the domestic animal feed market. According to the Department of Livestock Production, the herds of pigs in the country have recovered over 85 percent compared to the prior time reaching 27 million hogs.It is estimated that from now to after Tet holidays (the Lunar New Year) 2021, demand of livestock meat and eggs will increase by 5 percent- 10 percent. Happily, the herds of pigs will satisfy the demand for the country’s special holiday.
By Phuc Van – Translated by Anh Quan, @SGGP
- Vietnam to become the first country successfully producing African swine fever vaccine
- Gov’t to support pig farmers in regions affected by African swine fever
- Thousands of pigs culled as African Swine Fever returns
- Vietnam aims to be free of African swine fever by 2025
- Threat remains of African swine fever spreading nationwide
- Vietnam greenlights live pig imports
- Pork producers see profits skyrocket as prices rise on shortage
- Pork prices fall as Vietnam increases imports
- Pork prices fall as VN steps up imports, demand declines