HCM CITY— Dozens of singers will perform in a special music TV show next week to welcome Spring and Lunar New Year festival which falls on February 12 this year.
The event, called Xuan Về Miền Trung (Spring in the Central), will feature pop stars Lam Trường and Mỹ Le, young singers Lan Phương and Thanh Tra, and dance troupes.
Vietnamese-American singer Hồ Le Thu will be included.
Singers will perform new songs composed by professional and amateur musicians participating in a composition contest launched by Le Trần Media in December.
The contest aims to entertain and encourage people living in the flood-affected central provinces such as Quảng Bình, Ha Tĩnh, Thừa Thien Huế, and Quảng Ngãi in October.
Songs in pop, dance and electronic music on themes related to love and life will be included.
Featured works include Gửi Lại Đong Ba (Love for Đong Ba District of Thừa Thien Huế), Miền Trung va Nỗi Nho (Thinking of the Central), Bão Ơi (The Storm) and Xuan Về Miền Trung (Spring in the Central).
Vietnamese dances will be featured.
“Through our concert, we wanted to celebrate life and love. We also wanted to show our love for the Central region and people,” musician and the event’s art director Minh Nhien, said.
According to Nhien, the performers will not receive payment.
The event, Xuan Về Miền Trung, will air at 2:40pm on January 23 on VTV8 channel and YouTube.—
- Concert to raise funds for flood victims in central region
- TV music show celebrates national Teachers Day
- Concerts to raise funds for flood victims
- Vietnamese-American pop singer performs in Nha Trang
- Pop star Elvis Phương’s concert to celebrate long career
- Ho Chi Minh City prepares for spring flower festival
- HCM City celebrates New Year with year-end performances
- HCM City dance festival to open this week