A film screening of the comic opera Così fan tutte (All Women Do the Same), staged by the UK’s Royal Opera House in 2010, will be held at Culture Cafe Salon on January 10.
The two-act comic opera, composed with music by Mozart and an Italian libretto by Lorenzo Da Ponte, was first performed in 1790 in Vienna.
The Royal Opera House’s production was created by director Jonathan Miller in 1995.
It opens with a bet made by the the cynical Don Alfonso with Ferrando and Guglielmo that their fiancees, the sisters Dorabella and Fiordiligi, are like all women and cannot be faithful to them. They accept, agree to follow his instructions, and plan how to use their winnings.
The screening is part of the Saigon Classical Music Group’s project “From Alpha to Opera” which aims to introduce the world’s classical operas and ballets.
The programme will begin at 2pm at 264A Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa Street in District 3. Participants can register for the event at https://ticketbox.vn/event/cosifantutte-81448.
- Opera staged in honour of President Ho Chi Minh
- HBSO to present New Year’s Concert at the HCMC Opera House
- Café Saigon returns to HCM City Opera House
- 'Girls Deserve to Shine' opera gala concert to promote gender equality
- HBSO returns with spring colors to Opera House
- Christmas comes to Saigon opera house
- OPERA OMAHA NAMES ALLISON SWENSON AS NEW GENERAL DIRECTOR
- Reformed opera play on national heroines celebrates National Reunification Day
- HBSO performs Russian classical masterpieces