HCM CITY — The 2020 Viet Nam International Fashion Festival (VIFF) featured a combination of various art forms like an orchestra, classic ballet, magicians’ show, dance, and installation art.
The five-day event, which concluded yesterday in HCM City, attracted the participation of 400 models and artists.
A large number of local and foreign models took to the catwalk as part of the festival.
It was the first international fashion event in the country and featured the works of 13 outstanding designers in the Vietnamese fashion industry, including Adrian Anh Tuấn, Hoang Minh Ha, Tuấn Trần and Phạm Đặng Anh Thư.
Among them is the latest wedding dress collection running with the theme of ‘Glory’ by designer Phạm Đặng Anh Thư.
The collection features brocade embroidery and makes use of sheer chiffon material as a means of honouring the charming beauty of any bride.
Kiều Loan, the first runner-up at Miss World Viet Nam 2019, wore a gorgeous sparkling wedding dress on the catwalk.
The participation of Tiểu Vy, Miss Viet Nam 2018, was also a highlight of the event.
In another show, designer Le Lam debuted his collection ‘C’est La Maison’, a line inspired by buildings in HCM City from the 1980s.
The collection uses key colours such as white and black to highlight a dynamic and modern city at night.
According to the organising board, a panoply of shows will be arranged after the 2020 VIFF, including the International Music Festival and the Vietnam International Movie Festival.
They are set to be held in famous tourist destinations across the country, aiming to create a series of fashion and lifestyle events and promote Vietnamese culture and tourism. —
- Adrian Anh Tuấn introduces Fall-Winter fashion collection
- VN Int’l Fashion Week 2021 is back
- Catwalk shows to return for Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week in December
- Phú Quốc to host “Fashion Voyage 3” show
- Child models to strut their stuff in Hà Nội
- Child models to strut their stuff in Hanoi
- Vietnam Runway Fashion Week 2020 opens
- Vietnamese fashion thrives despite the pandemic
- Beauty queens gather for fashion show by designer Hoang Hai