|Yellow leaves cover a path sandwiched between two rows of trees – PHOTOS: THANH HOA|
Saigon is a typical tropical city with two distinctive seasons, the dry and the rainy seasons. It definitely has no autumn as such. However, to some romantic Saigonese, their hometown does have fall in a sense.
|Leaves turn yellow|
The autumn in Saigon is not like that in the capital Hanoi where hoa sua (milk flowers) spread their fragrance and cool breeze blow. Instead, Saigon in autumn comes in the form of rows of loc vung (Barringtonia acutangula) trees turning yellows. Under the sun, leaves slowly fall on the streets. Saigonese then enjoy a cup of morning filter coffee which drizzles away to give way to a clear blue sky.
|A cleaner collecting yellow leaves|
The following are some photos which depict the “autumn” in Saigon that is said to be hard-to-find moments in town.
|That’s how Saigonese enjoy the cozy “autumn” moments|
|Old leaves fall and young buds grow|
- Autumn comes to Hanoi
- When Hanoi is adorned with autumn colors…
- The beautiful yellow leaf trees in Sa Pa “attract” visitors to check-in
- The attractive autumn in Hanoi
- When Hanoi is adorned with fall colors
- One day itinerary around Hanoi in autumn
- A glimpse of poetic Hoi An Ancient Town in autumn
- The haunting magnificence of Hue s mangroves forest in autumn
- Five famous Da Lat dishes to eat in autumn before leaving
- The haunting magnificence of Hue’s mangroves forest in autumn