ĐIỆN BIÊN — Lả Cha Village in the northern mountainous province of Đien Bien’s Nậm Pồ District is home to a Cống ethnic community, one of the five ethnic minority communities in the province with 79 households and nearly 400 inhabitants.
The living conditions of the Cống people in the village have improved in the past few years due to support from the Government and local authorities.
Investment projects on infrastructure construction, agricultural production, and cultural preservation in the district have helped change the lives of local people.
The village is now connected with the electricity network, while roads, schools, and bridges have been built, creating convenient conditions for people to develop all aspects of life.
In the past, Cống people had very difficult lives as they depended a lot on self-sufficiency and migration.
They earned their living just by manual cultivation on slash-and-burn fields, so crop productivity was very low. —
- Ethnic people in Điện Biên celebrate the National Great Unity Festival
- Unique cockscomb flower Tet festival of Cong ethnic people
- Unique cockscomb flower festival of Cong ethnic people
- Tet Hoa of the Cong ethnic group in La Cha
- Party building in Muong Nhe district, Dien Bien province
- Che Căn Village, an intriguing destination of Điện Biên
- Discovering wild and charming Noong U Lake in Điện Biên
- Hanoi to host ethnic upland market to celebrate New Year 2021
- Manufacture of roof tiles for the Tay and Nung ethnic groups in the Lang Son province
- Ha Nhi ethnic group celebrate new year festival