HCM CITY — Vietnamese-American pop stars Thu Phương and Quang Le will perform in a concert in HCM City today to raise funds to support flood victims in the central provinces of Quảng Bình, Quảng Trị, Thừa Thien Huế and Quảng Nam.
The singers will be featured with saxophonists Trần Mạnh Tuấn and An Trần.
Meritorious Artist and zither player Hải Phượng, who has 30 years in đan tranh (16-chord zither), will also be included. She has performed in Japan, South Korea, the US and Germany, and is a lecturer at the HCM City Music Conservatory.
Phượng will play with singers Phương Anh and Ngọc Mai.
The artists will perform contemporary folk songs in praise of life, love and peace.
“All of the concert’s artists will perform for free. They hope their art will encourage flood victims, particularly children and students who have faced challenges to continue their study after floods,” said the concert’s art director Vũ Thanh Vinh.
“People are encouraged to send their donations to the organisers during the concert.”
More than 1,000 tickets worth VNĐ300 million (US$12,000) were sold, according to Vinh.
Severe storms and floods in the central region destroyed infrastructure in many localities and left a great number of households in extreme poverty and poor health.
There are 1.9 million people in 500,000 poor households who are unable to work and lift themselves out of poverty nationwide.
Many people nationwide have offered support to flood victims. Their hearts have been touched by the plight of thousands of their compatriots.
The two-hour concert, Ganh Nhau Trong Đời (Sharing), will begin at 8pm at the Adora Centre on 431 Hoang Văn Thụ Street in Tan Bình District today. —
- Concerts to raise funds for flood victims
- VOV hosts concert to raise fund for flood victims
- Concert raises funds for musicians with disabilities
- Pop star Elvis Phương’s concert to celebrate long career
- Europe-based OVs raise funds for flood victims in central Vietnam
- Dantri/Dtinews reader supports Thua Thien-Hue flood victims
- Exhibition to raise funds for victims of natural disasters
- Vietnamese footballers unite to assist flood victims
- LongBien Marathon raises funds for flood victims in central Vietnam