Police in Da Lat, a tourist city in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong, have charged a man with obscene exposure and offensive conduct for donning fake genitals in the city’s crowded square.
Nguyen Le Nguyen, a 20-year-old resident of Ward 2, was summoned and recorded by Da Lat police and the city’s culture and information office for the administrative violation on Wednesday.
Nguyen was also subject to a fine of over VND3.2 million (US$138).
At 6:30 pm on November 22, Nguyen and Pham Nghi, a 22-year-old man known for wearing costumes and make-up to hold audacious public spectacles, began a performance in Da Lat’s Hoa Binh Square.
For this performance, Nguyen also wore a fake penis dangling from the crotch of his pants.
|Nguyen Thanh Nguyen writes a statement in Da Lat’s police station, November 25, 2020. Photo: Dam Trong / Tuoi Tre|
The duo also had someone record their performance with the intention of uploading the video on Facebook.
After being admonished by police in Ward 1, the two men moved to another location where they continued filming.
Their performance in both locations was also captured by CCTV cameras.
Authorities in Da Lat are still carrying out an investigation into the case.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- Four people in Quang Binh fined for fake flood news on Facebook
- More people in HCM City fined for not wearing face masks
- Dozens cheated in Quang Ngai by fake guest worker office
- HCM Police take criminal proceedings against 8 officers for taking bribes
- Police raid large illegal trading ring in Lao Cai
- Truck driver fined US$173.2 for not giving way to police vehicle
- Police bust massive drug trafficking ring, seize 100 kilograms of drugs
- Hundreds of Hanoians fined for not wearing face masks
- Law-breaker pays heavy fine for wildlife trade