HCM CITY — The HCM City Dancers Association will host the 2020 HCM City Dance Arts Festival from November 24-26.
The biennial festival will feature 19 dance troupes and schools from the city and neighbouring provinces, such as the HCM City Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera, the HCM City Dance School, and the Đồng Nai Province Performing Arts Theatre.
The event will see 14 freelance dancers and choreographers, including skilled and professional artists Lam Tố Như, Nguyễn Huỳnh Như, Le Viet, and Phạm Minh Tuấn.
The participants will present 55 works in different genres, including classical ballet, contemporary ballet, traditional folk dance, contemporary folk dance and contemporary dance.
People’s Artist Ha Thế Dũng, vice chairman of the association and head of the festival’s arts board, said: “This year’s festival has participants from the country’s leading dance troupes, dancers and choreographers. So we believe the event will be a great success.”
“We are waiting for new creative dance performances and pieces, reflecting a beautiful and colourful life and people in Viet Nam in the past, present and future, and praising humanitarian values.”
The festival will take place on November 24-25 at the HCM City Dance School, 155 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa Street, District 3.
The awards ceremony will be held on November 26 at the city’s Opera House, 7 Lam Sơn Square, District 1.
- Contemporary dances, classical ballet to be restaged
- HBSO hosts New Year’s concert 2021
- New contemporary dance on life challenges to be staged
- New dance performance premieres on YouTube
- Ballet teacher says you can dance if you want to
- Performance blended contemporary dance with traditional art presented in Hanoi
- HBSO to present a night of neoclassical ballet this weekend
- HBSO to revive Ballet Carmen and stage a premier alongside it
- HBSO announces two new programs