ĐIỆN BIÊN — More than 40 households from the Mường Phăng Commune in the northern province of Đien Bien gathered and celebrated the National Great Unity Festival 2020 earlier this week.
The festival commemorates the 90th anniversary of the traditional day of the Viet Nam National United Front (November 18, 1930 – November 18, 2020).
Lọng Luong 2 Village, whose population is totally Mong ethnic people, is one of 20 poorest mountainous villages in the commune.
According to Giang A Vang, the village chief, the festival has been organised annually, creating a communal place for locals to gather and exchange experiences in working, farming. It also aims to enhance and construct the village’s conventions.
At the same time, it is an opportunity for people to participate in communal cultural activities, reinforcing the solidarity in the local community and honouring the cultural values of the Mong ethnic people, he added.
The art performances had been meticulously prepared by the Mong girls.
“The performances had been rehearsed by female members two weeks earlier, taking advantage of our free time after work in the evening,” said Hạng Thị Sinh, a member of local art troupe.
The themes of the selected songs and dances are praising the Party, the State and President Hồ Chí Minh, as well as expressing the cohesion of 19 ethnic communities within the province.
The National Great Unity Festival 2020 has also been celebrated in many provinces nationwide this week with many activities.
- November cultural activities highlight Great Unity – National Root in Hanoi
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- The 2021 Bauhinia Flower Festival will take place between January and May
- The Kate festival is widespread in villages of the Cham ethnic group
- The 2021 Bauhinia Flower Festival will take place between January and mainbsp
- Cham ethnic group in Binh Thuan celebrates Kate Festival
- Honoring the ancestors - sacred ritual of the Lo Lo minority in Ha Giang
- Cham ethnic people in Ninh Thuan joyfully celebrate Kate Festival
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái