Nguyen Thi Khanh Huyen is the only Vietnamese representative among the top 10 global influencers in data science and artificial intelligence named by Linkedin.
Huyen, aka Huyen Chip, ranked fifth in the annual Top Voices list released this week by the U.S. professional networking site.
It compiles the list by examining all sharing activity on its platform from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020, and using a combination of quantitative and qualitative signals including engagement (comments, reactions and shares), follower growth and posting cadence.
It said: “Having worked at prominent tech companies including Netflix and NVIDIA, Huyen joined the AI startup Snorkel last December. A Stanford graduate, Huyen turned to LinkedIn to find reviewers for the course she’ll start teaching there in January next year, Machine Learning Systems Design.”
Before coming to the U.S., Chip helped launch Vietnam’s second most popular web browser, Coc Coc. She’s currently writing a book on how to interview for machine learning roles, it added.
Born in the northern province of Nam Dinh, Huyen is well known as a writer and computer scientist, and is famous among young Vietnamese for her 2013 book ‘Pick up your backpack and go.’
She joined Linkedin in 2018.
Egyptian-American computer scientist and entrepreneur Rana el Kaliouby topped the list, followed by Greg Coquillo, globalization program manager at U.S. technology company Amazon, and Andrew Ng, cofounder and CEO of U.S. massive open online course provider Coursera.
- Lach Huyen Port receives Japanese innovation technology award
- Another modern inner-city flyover inaugurated in Hanoi
- Three Vietnamese universities teach these five subjects best
- Three Vietnamese female scientists named among Top 100 Asian researchers
- Another flyover in Hanoi is nearing completion
- Vietnamese university among world’s best ‘Golden Age’ rankings 2020
- Meet the 20 top-funded startups and tech companies in Hong Kong
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia’s top 500
- Vietnam’s technology skills set ranks second in Asia Pacific
- Meet the 15 top-funded startups and tech companies in Vietnam