The Vietnamese singer was declared winner after receiving the most fan votes in the caterogy, beating Thailand’s Violette Wautier, Singapore’s Benjamin Kheng, Indonesia’s Agnez Mo, Malaysia’s K-Clique and the Philippines’s Ben&Ben.
Vietnamese singer Jack has won the “Best Southeast Asia Act” prize at the 2020 MTV EMA. Photo courtesy of the artist’s Facebook.
During the virtual awards ceremony Monday (Vietnamese time), the singer made an online appearance and thanked his supporters and expressed his desire to perform live for them in the future.
After he announced the good news on his Facebook page, many people have been congratulating him for his milestone achievement.
Jack, 23, from the southern province of Ben Tre was a music teacher before turning professional and churning out hits like “Hong Nhan” (Beauty) and “Song Gio” (Ups And Downs). The music videos have garnered more than 200 million views each.
The MTV EMA Awards celebrate the best music of the year and the biggest artists in the world. The event made its debut in 1994 and is held in a different country every year.
- Vietnamese singer wins MTV Europe music award 2020
- Young singers gain int’l achievements in 2020
- Record breaker Tùng Dương wins big at music awards
- Vietnamese-American pop singer performs in Nha Trang
- Vietnamese artists scoop MAMA 2020 awards
- Vietnamese artists win prestigious Mnet Asian Music Awards
- Vietnamese famous singer of 2000s Van Quang Long died of a stroke in the US
- Three Vietnamese among Forbes Asia’s 100 most influential online celebrities