On the afternoon of October 23 Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Department organized the 4th tourism promotion conference in 2020.
Speaking at the conference, Mr. Nguyen Trung Khanh, Director General of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism said that as of June 2020 the number of domestic tourists increased from 1.5 to 3 times compared to May 2020. However, the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in Vietnam at the end of July again severely affected the tourism industry, VOV reported.
In order to restore and promote tourism activities, the tourism stimulation programs in the time ahead are expected to lure more visitors, not only Vietnamese but also foreigners living in Vietnam.
It is necessary for the tourism industry to focus on developing appropriate tourism products, uphold promoting alliances in the previous phases as well as continue to implement regulations on preventing the COVID-19 epidemic, Khanh said.
Illustrative photo: Hanoimoi
Ms. Nguyen Thi Anh Hoa, Director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism said that 200 tourism promotion programs are expected to be effective solutions to achieve the goal of attracting 15 million domestic tourists to the southern city with revenue of 80000 billion VND (US$3457 mln) by the end of 2020.
“On-site tourism products are top priorities with over 30 tours from half a day, one to three days in Ho Chi Minh City” , Ms. Anh Hoa said.
- HCMC continues to promote trans-regional tourism
- CNN releases “Why not Vietnam” video for tourism promotion campaign
- Hanoi adjusts plan to stimulate tourism demand
- Vietnam, Cambodia work to restore international tourism
- Vietnamese tourism to be promoted on CNN
- Vietnam launches website promoting sustainable tourism to foreign tourists
- Ca Mau stimulating tourism post-COVID-19
- Hanoi travel mart to lure tourists with many cheap airfares, travel deals