As reported by Reuters, Vietnam has established short-term business travel with Japan . The pact, which will take effect by the end of October at the earliest, follows Japan’s similar steps to ease business travel restrictions to Singapore and South Korea.
Besides, Vietnam is also in the list of countries that Japan is planning to remove bans on next month. The other nations in the list includes Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, and Malaysia.
Asked about the report, immigration official Seiji Matano said that no decision had been made, but that the government would consider how to reopen traffic in a way that prevents infection.
Many of the countries to which Japan will reportedly allow
most non-citizens and non-residents from entering.
Japan allows citizens, residents, and visa holders to reenter the country after testing negative for COVID-19 at the airport, with a capacity of about 10000 per day.
Singapore had also opened essential business and official travel unilaterally to Vietnam, New Zealand, Brunei, Australia. The country had earlier established agreements on easing travel ban with China, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia.
New Zealanders will be able to travel to some parts of Australia starting Friday without quarantining, including to New South Wales, Canberra and the Northern Territory.
However, New Zealanders who return from Australia must quarantine for two weeks under government supervision at the cost of NZ$3100 ($206491) for the first person and more for additional family members.
New Zealand, due to hold an election on Oct. 17 has said it does not plan open its borders to Australians for now.
Thailand plans to receive the first groups of over 100 Chinese tourists this month, according to Thai tourism authorities.
They will be subject to pre-flight testing and a 14-day self-paid quarantine at government-approved hotels, where they will be tested for COVID twice. The tourists will also need to download a GPS and Bluetooth based tracking app that has not yet been launched.
China , where the outbreak originated, last month allowed foreigners with valid residence permits to re-enter the country and it has set up business travel corridors with Singapore and South Korea but most arrivals remain banned.
- Vietnam among Asia Pacific countries to ease int l travel bans
- Japan to remove travel ban for Vietnam next month: Yomiuri
- Vietnam, Japan agree to partially lift travel bans and ease restrictions
- Why Japan put forth business travel with Vietnam Thailand instead of US and China
- Japan to lift entry ban on travelers from 9 countries, regions including Vietnam
- Why Japan put forth business travel with Vietnam Thailand in spite of US and China
- Cambodia, Japan to ease travel restrictions in September 2020
- Japan and Vietnam will allow resumption of short-term business travel
- Vietnam partially resumes travel with South Korea and Japan