Hanoi (VNA) – Local authorities must be held responsible for transmissions in hospitals, members of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control said at a meeting in Hanoi on August 6.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, head of the committee, presided over the function to implement preventive measures in the changing circumstances.
Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said the ministry is exerting every effort to deal with the outbreak in the central city of Da Nang.
Patients and their family members as well as medical staff are in the highest-risk group, he said, adding that those returning from Da Nang since July 1 need to remain vigilant.
Some localities, in fact, lowered their guard and relaxed preventive measures, Long pointed out, adding that health facilities and hospitals nationwide must seriously implement preventive and containment measures such as wearing face masks and following social distancing measures.
The ministry is also intensifying testing capacity to quickly detect any new infections.
Members of the committee spoke highly of the active engagement and close coordination of the public security, military, and health forces in the fight against COVID-19 right from the beginning of the outbreak.
The committee urged Da Nang and certain districts and towns in neighbouring Quang Nam province to implement strict social distancing measures.
According to the Ministry of Health, as of the morning of August 6, Vietnam had recorded 717 COVID-19 cases, including 381 recoveries and nine deaths. More than 320 of all infections nationwide were imported./.VNA
- Pandemic fight should concentrate on high-risk areas: deputy PM
- Everyone must stay on guard against COVID-19 outbreaks: Deputy PM
- Health facilities asked to accelerate responses amid more complicated outbreak
- COVID-19 outbreak in Da Nang, Quang Nam to be under control by late August: Official
- COVID-19 outbreak in Da Nang, Quang Nam under control: acting health minister
- All entrants must be placed under medical surveillance for at least 28 days to contain COVID-19
- 3 hospitals in Hanoi suspended for failing to comply with anti-pandemic protocols
- Hanoi begins RT-PCR testing for 75,000 people returning from Da Nang
- PM: medical facilities need to seriously observe COVID-19 preventive measures
- Acting Health Minister suggests greater concern needed in community about COVID-19