Hanoi (VNA) – The Health Ministry has asked five hospitals to send experts to the Quang Nam Central General Hospital and the Hue Central General Hospital to provide support in the treatment of serious COVID-19 cases.
In an urgent dispatch to the directors of Cho Ray Hospital, the University Medical Centre Ho Chi Minh City, and the HCM City Hospital for Tropical Diseases, the ministry asked them to send experts to Quang Nam given the complex developments of COVID-19 in Da Nang and nearby provinces.
On the same day, head of the Health Ministry’s Department of Medical Examination and Treatment, Associate Professor and Dr Luong Ngoc Khue signed two documents requesting that hospitals at higher levels deploy staff to the second branch of the Hue Central Hospital.
Accordingly, the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases was assigned to send a rapid-response team to assist the effort. The Hanoi Medical University Hospital was also tasked with sending experts in intensive care to the branch.
Earlier, on August 2, head of the Hanoi Medical University Hospital Ta Thanh Van sent a working team of eight experts to the Quang Nam Central General Hospital.
The team will also offer help to Da Nang city and other central provinces./.VNA
- COVID-19: 13 patients in critical condition
- Hanoi Medical University Hospital experts help treat COVID-19 patients
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- Health ministry urges medical personnel support for Thua Thien Hue and Quang Nam
- Bach Mai Hospital launches remote medical examination and treatment centre
- HCM City sends medical staff to Da Nang
- Health Ministry gives support to two central hospitals in COVID-19 fight