Vietnam confirmed 34 coronavirus infections on Sunday, raising the caseload to 620, with six deaths over the past four days.
As many as 16 new cases are from Danang, taking the tally in this beach city to 124 (including six recovered and four deaths) and turning the city into the hot spot of coronavirus outbreaks in Vietnam since July 25.
Besides, the novel coronavirus has been so far detected in 10 cities and provinces from the north to the south. 156 cases have been confirmed over the past three days.
On the same day, the country confirmed three deaths who are elderly with severe pre-existing diseases.
Since the first locally-transmitted case was confirmed on July 25, Vietnam has reported 204 people positive with SARS-CoV-2.
Affected localities nationwide have conducted massive testing.
- July 30: Vietnam reports 9 more local infections, all linked to Danang
- July 31: Vietnam’s daily coronavirus infections hit record high
- No locally-transmitted infections confirmed with 25 people in treatment
- Covid-19: Vietnam reports 11 more local infections
- COVID-19: Another imported case confirmed, Vietnam has 373 cases
- No new locally transmitted infections, 15 positive cases in treatment
- No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
- Vietnam confirms new 15 local Covid-19 infections in 2 days
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload