Hanoi (VNA) – A 68-year-old woman with leukemia was confirmed dead on early August 1 at Da Nang Oncology Hospital in the central city of Da Nang, according to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son.
The patient, known as Case 499 in Vietnam, died of hematological malignancy at final stage, severe pneumonia and COVID-19.
She was admitted to Da Nang Oncology Hospital on July 28. She also had hypertension and diabetes.
This is the third COVID-19 death in Vietnam.
On July 31, the country recorded its first-ever COVID-19-related deaths, a 61-year-old man and a 70-year-old man, both with underlying health conditions./.VNA
- Third Covid-19 patient dies in Vietnam
- Another COVID-19 patient dies, three deaths in total
- Vietnam loses one more person to Covid-19
- Vietnam records third Covid-19-related death
- Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam dies
- Vietnam reports first death from heart attack, severe underlying disease, and COVID-19
- Vietnam records first COVID-19 death with end-stage renal failure
- Second COVID-19- related death in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Covid-19 patient dies