Hanoi (VNA) – Another COVID-19 patient in Vietnam died on July 31, according to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son.
The 61-year-old male resident of the central city of Da Nang died of septic shock on the basis of other serious illnesses and COVID-19, he said.
The patient had had chronic kidney failure, hypertension, diabetes and gout before he was found to have COVID-19 on July 27 at Da Nang Hospital.
Earlier the same day, another COVID-19 patient with multiple comorbidities died of myocardial infarction with chronic diseases of hypertension, heart failure, end-stage chronic renal failure, and complication of respiratory failure due to heart failure and COVID-19. This is the first COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam, according to the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control./. VNA
- Vietnam confirms second COVID-19 death with multiple comorbidities
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports second Covid-19 death
- Vietnamese Covid-19 patient dies
- Vietnam confirms 37 new Covid-19 cases, mostly imported
- Vietnam records first COVID-19 death with end-stage renal failure
- Vietnam has recorded its second Covid-19 death in a single day
- 37 new coronavirus cases bring total count to 546
- Two COVID-19 cases in Da Nang put on ventilator, receive ECMO