Vietnam’s national high school exam will be held on August 9 and 10 as originally scheduled despite the Covid-19 resurgence, the Government Portal quoted a representative from the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as saying at a meeting on July 29.
According to a plan by the MoET, for the pandemic-affected localities, the MoET will coordinate with the Ministry of Health to issue specific guiding documents for them to carry out the exams and ensure safety.
The MoET plans to divide candidates into four groups, depending on their links with Covid-19: those under medical treatment, those under mass quarantine, those in close contact with suspected cases and other students. The classification of candidates aims to ensure students’ rights as well as anti-Covid-19 measures in the current period.
Notably, candidates who are infected with the novel coronavirus will be exempted from taking the exam and recognized as graduates.
During the examinations, the MoET will instruct localities to obey regulations to abide by protocol on Covid-19 prevention and control, such as disinfecting and wearing face masks.
Local education departments will be responsible for exam organization, supervision and test marking. The MoET will compile exam questions, apply information technology to strictly supervise the examinations, and organize the multiple-choice test on computers.
The exam is aimed to determine whether students qualify for graduating high school and the results could also be used to apply for certain universities and colleges.
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Over 26,000 students sit 2nd round of national high school exam
- Hanoi mayor requests ‘absolute safety’ for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
- Over 98% of Vietnam high school students pass national exam
- More support for education sector in flood-hit localities
- Da Nang, Quang Nam allowed to delay national high school exam due to Covid-19
- Essential supports for candidates during high school graduation exam
- National high school exam held nationwide amidst COVID-19 concerns
- Hanoi leads the country in education and training: Official