NDO – Vice President Dang Thi Ngọc Thinh visited Truc Nhi and Dieu Nhi on July 20, the conjoined twins who were separated successfully on July 15 and are being monitored at the Ho Chi Minh City Children’s Hospital.
On behalf of the Party and State leaders, Vice President Thinh praised the team of nearly 100 medical workers for their successful operation to separate Truc Nhi and DieuNhi, ischiopagus tetrapus twins conjoined at the pelvis.
She also congratulated the parents of the twins on the medical progress of their children.
Dr. Truong Quang Dinh, Director of Ho Chi Minh City Children’s Hospital said that the surgery lasted over 13 hours on July 15. The two babies are currently in a stable condition but are still being fed intravenously, dependenton ventilators and being closely monitored to prevent infections, Dinh noted.
After listening to the hospital’s report and visiting the twins in the recovery room, the Vice President said: “This is a miraculous surgery. I have been following every single detail since the twins entered the operating room, not just today’s results. After hearing the hospital’s report on the preparation for the surgery and care for the two children and seeing their recovery today, I am very touched. Thank you to the team of medical workers who have demonstrated to the people and the world the progress of Vietnam’s health sector.”
On the occasion, the Vice President presented VND50 million to the surgical team and on behalf of the National Fund for Vietnamese Children, presented VND20 million in cash and several necessities to the twins.
- Conjoined twins face four more surgeries ahead
- Ischiopagus tetrapus twins successfully separated thanks to nearly 100 medical staff
- PM congratulates HCM City’s doctors for successful separation of conjoined twins
- PM congratulates successful separation of conjoined twins
- Vietnamese doctors successfully separate rare conjoined twins
- International press highlights operation to separate conjoined twins in Vietnam
- Conjoined twins get a chance to go their separate ways in HCMC
- Conjoined twin girls to be separated in HCM City on July 15