HCM City (VNA) – Doctors at HCM City’s Cho Ray Hospital have successfully performed a heart transplant on a 47-year-old man with heart taken from a brain-dead woman donor from Hanoi.
The recipient, who had suffered heart failure many years, received the heart last month, according to the hospital.
Doctors said his heart, liver, kidney and respiratory functions are stable.
The hospital’s doctors have successfully performed five heart transplants with the brain-dead donors in the last five years. They were assisted by doctors from Viet Duc Hospital in the first four, but in the latest case they carried out the procedure independently./. VNA
- Vietnamese doctors succeed in fifth lung transplant
- Doctors carry out organ transplant to 6 patients from brain-dead donor
- Hanoi-based hospital performs 1,000th kidney transplant
- Viet Duc Hospital reaches new milestone in carrying out 1,000th kidney transplant
- Vietnamese doctors successfully carry out first simultaneous forearm transplant
- Successful year for Vietnam’s organ transplant activities