Hanoi (VNA) – No new COVID-19 infections were recorded in Vietnam overnight, from 6pm of June 14 to 6am of June 15, marking the 60th straight day without community transmission, said the national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control.
So far, 334 infections have been reported in the country, including 194 imported cases which were quarantined upon their arrival.
As many as 323 patients, or 96.7 percent of the total, have recovered from the disease, and there are no deaths.
Among the remaining 11 still under treatment, one has tested negative for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, once and three at least twice.
The treatment sub-committee also reported that Patient 91, a British pilot and also the most severe case, continued to show improvement, but he still needs many more weeks to recover.
At present, 8,792 people are being kept in quarantine, including 96 in hospitals, 7,778 in other quarantine facilities and 918 at home./.VNA
- No community infections recorded in Vietnam for 78 straight days
- 64 days pass without new locally-infected cases of COVID-19
- No new locally transmitted infections, 15 positive cases in treatment
- No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on June 20
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on June 4
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on June 15
- Vietnam records no new community COVID-19 cases for 54 straight days
- No community infections recorded in Vietnam for 67 days