Hanoi (VNA) – Hanoi authorities have issued an urgent dispatch on strengthening COVID-19 prevention and control, while the northern port city of Hai Phong has held a meeting for the same purpose.
Chairman of the capital People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh signed the dispatch on January 6. It was delivered to heads of the municipal departments, sectors, and localities at all levels.
The dispatch has urged sides involved to carry out better communications work to encourage people to wear masks, avoid mass gatherings, and fill up heath declarations when needed, among others.
The Hanoi Department of Health is tasked with quickly handling any problems arisen and closely monitoring COVID-19-related situations in the community. Local police units are assigned to focus on preventing illegal entries and punishing violators of regulations on pandemic prevention and control, while the capital Military High Command is requested to work closely with the health department and local administrations in tightly managing concentrated quarantine sites.
Also on January 6, the Hai Phong steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control held a meeting to intensify its work and honour 33 medical staff, who volunteered to go to Da Nang to support the central city during its outbreak last year./. VNA
- Hanoi suspends crowds for Covid-19 prevention
- Hundreds of Hanoians fined for not wearing face masks
- Tighter COVID-19 prevention measures needed during lunar New Year
- Da Nang authorities meet on COVID-19 prevention and control
- Hanoi strictly handles illegal entries to prevent coronavirus intrusion
- Hanoi to crack down on breach of Covid-19 prevention measures
- Hanoi: masking up in public area is compulsory
- Nearly a third of local sugar plants shut down
- Hanoi asks students to wear masks from home to school
- Localities strengthen COVID-19 response measures