Thua Thien-Hue (VNA) – The stroke centre at the Hue Central Hospital in central Thua Thien-Hue province was recently given Platinum Status by the World Stroke Organisation (WSO), hospital leaders said on June 11.
The prestigious WSO award is for stroke centres around the world adopting strict requirements in training, equipment, and the treatment of acute strokes, among other matters. The Hue Central Hospital is one of the three hospitals in Vietnam to be so awarded.
The centre was opened in June 2018 and treats more than 2,500 patients a year. It successfully handled over 200 severe cases last year.
Hospital Director Professor Pham Nhu Hiep said the centre is now eyeing securing Diamond Status as it works to maintain and improve treatment quality./.VNA
- Hue Central Hospital’s stroke center given WSO’s Platinum Status
- Nhan Dan 115 Hospital sets Asian records in applying AI technology
- 108 Military Central Hospital, a model of international cooperation
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- 25 percent of Vietnam’s population have heart disease, high blood pressure
- US CDC representative praises Cho Ray Hospital’s success in COVID-19 treatment
- Artificial Intelligence in medical imaging piloted in three Hanoi hospitals
- Hue hospital carries out first kidney autotransplant in Central Vietnam
- Obstetrics and Children Hospital in Mekong Delta province officially opened
- Construction project of Cho Ray Viet- Nhat Hospital sped up to provide treatment