NDO – The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) provided the Vietnam National Hospital of Tropical Diseases with testing equipment worth JPY60 million (US$574,698) on November 25 to help Vietnam in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
JICA decided to grant Vietnam with COVID-19 testing equipment including automated PCR machine and the first batch of the equipment was handed over to the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases yesterday.
The aid is expected to accelerate PCR testing and reduce pressure on the hospital during COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment.
JICA and the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases are implementing a project on the establishment of a “bench-to-bedside” feedback system for sustainable ART and the prevention of new HIV transmission in Vietnam with the aim of controlling HIV/AIDS infection in Vietnam.
This assistance package for the hospital is also expected to further enhance the project’s HIV testing capacity and the hospital’s PCR testing capacity in coping with COVID-19 pandemic.
The Vietnam National Hospital of Tropical Diseases is a front-line hospital in receiving and treating COVID-19 patients, including serious patients, and is also a place for isolation and testing of coronavirus through the PCR technique.
- JICA provides COVID-19 treatment equipment for Cho Ray Hospital
- JICA intensifies assistance to Vietnam in fight against Covid-19
- JICA helping Vietnamese hospitals improve infection control
- JICA implements aid packages for Vietnamese hospitals
- JICA helps Vietnamese hospitals improve infection control capability
- Construction project of Cho Ray Viet- Nhat Hospital sped up to provide treatment
- JICA pledges to bolster comprehensive health care cooperation with Vietnam
- Six last COVID-19 patients treated at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases No.2
- JICA resumes volunteer program in Vietnam