A quarantine site in Hung Yen province (Photo: VNA)
The country has documented 1148 SARS-CoV-2 infections so far.
Of the total, 691 were infected with the virus domestically, including 551 linked with Da Nang city since the latest coronavirus wave began there on July 25.
As many as 1049 patients have recovered while 35 have died from complications related to the disease. Most of the fatalities were the elderly with serious underlying health conditions.
Among the patients still under treatment, seven have tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 once, five twice and one thrice. Currently, there is no patient in critical conditions.
There are 13652 people having close contact with confirmed cases or coming from pandemic-hit regions under quarantine at present, including 149 in hospitals, 12421 in concentrated quarantine sites, and 1082 at home or accommodation facilities.
The COVID-19 pandemic may last until the end of 2021 as no vaccine has been ready so far, according to the World Health Organisation./.
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases in community for 15 days
- Vietnam enters 44th day without COVID-19 infection in community
- Vietnam has no new COVID-19 cases on October 20 morning
- Vietnam records no COVID-19 cases early Sept 9
- Vietnam reports no COVID-19 cases in past 12 hours
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases on September 14 morning
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 14 morning
- No new COVID-19 infections on October 8 morning
- No new COVID-19 infections reported
- Vietnam sees no new COVID-19 cases, total stands at 1,049