A coach taking newly arriving passengers to quarantine facilities (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi, (VNA) – Vietnam records no new COVID-19 case over the past 12 hours to 6am on October 17 leaving the national count at 1124 according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
As such, the country has entered the 45th straight day without locally-transmitted cases , while it is the 60th day for Hanoi and the 77th day for Ho Chi Minh City.
A total of 1031 patients have recovered, and the death toll remains at 35.
Among patients still under treatment, seven have tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 once, four negative twice and 12 negative thrice. There is no patient in serious condition.
A total of 13090 people who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or arrived from pandemic-affected areas are being quarantined nationwide, with 166 at hospitals, 11727 at concentrated facilities and 1197 at home or accommodations./.
- One new imported COVID-19 case detected on October 20
- Vietnam enters 38th day without community infection of COVID-19
- Two imported cases of COVID-19 reported on October 15
- No new locally transmitted infections, 15 positive cases in treatment
- No new locally transmitted infections, 17 positive cases in treatment
- Vietnam records no new community COVID-19 cases for 74 straight days
- Vietnam enters 49th day without COVID-19 cases in community
- Vietnam records three new imported cases of COVID-19 on October 13
- No new COVID-19 case on September 10 afternoon