Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Two cases of COVID-19 , all imported, were recorded during the past 12 hours, raising the total count to 1124 as of 6 pm on October 15 according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Both patients returned from the US on flight VN0001 which landed in Van Don airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh on October 11. They were found positive for SARS-CoV-2 while staying in quarantine in Hung Yen province.
One patient was given the all clear on October 15 raising the total number of recoveries to 1030. The death toll remains at 35.
Among patients still under treatment, eight have tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 once, five twice and 12 thrice.
A total 13658 people who had close contacts with COVID-19 patients or arrived from pandemic-affected regions are being quarantined across the country, with 155 at hospitals, 12320 at concentrated facilities and 1183 at home or accommodations./.
- Vietnam records three new imported cases of COVID-19 on October 13
- COVID-19: Vietnam confirms two new imported cases
- Vietnam records one new imported case of COVID-19 on October 8
- Vietnam records one new imported case of COVID-19 on late October 6
- Vietnam records one new imported case of COVID-19 on late October 8
- Two imported cases of COVID-19 reported on October 17
- Vietnam confirms two more imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1124
- One new imported COVID-19 case detected on October 20
- Nine imported cases bring Vietnam’s COVID-19 count to 1,122