A patient recovers from a kidney transplant (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Doctors at the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital in Hanoi successfully performed its 1000th kidney transplant in late September.
The operation lasted for three hours. Ten days later, the patient remains in a stable condition and will soon be discharged.
Since its first renal transplant in 2002 the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital has carried out 122 operations of this kind from brain-dead donors , or 12 percent.
The hospital is the leading facility in the country for multi-organ transplants. It also supports other facilities and contributes to saving the lives of many patients through the use of modern technology./.
- Viet Duc Hospital reaches new milestone in carrying out 1,000th kidney transplant
- HCM City hospital successfully performs heart transplant
- Vietnamese doctors succeed in fifth lung transplant
- Hue hospital carries out first kidney autotransplant in Central Vietnam
- COVID-19: British pilot to be discharged from hospital
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
- Another patient dies of end-stage chronic kidney failure, COVID-19