NDO – The State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs held a ceremony in Hanoi on June 22 to receive medical supplies from the Vietnam Buddhist Cultural Centre and the Vietnam Buddhist Association in the Republic of Korea (RoK) to assist overseas Vietnamese in the RoK’s fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Foreign Minister and Chairman of the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs Dang Minh Khoi greatly appreciated the invaluable support of individuals and organisations at home and abroad towards all overseas Vietnamese, especially those in the RoK.
In response to a call from Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong and the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee, a range of domestic organisations and individuals have donated medical equipment and food in support of Vietnamese expatriates affected by the pandemic, he noted.
Vietnamese communities in foreign countries have also raised over VND35 billion (over US$1.5 million) and presented medical supplies to help their homeland’s COVID-19 prevention and control efforts, he added.
At the ceremony, Deputy Foreign Minister received 20,000 face masks and medicine for overseas Vietnamese in the RoK.
- Haul of medical supplies donated to OVs in RoK to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Medical masks presented to Vietnamese community in Cyprus
- South Korean company donates 10000 medical masks to Vietnamese workers
- Mourning for former Party leader Le Kha Phieu held overseas
- Health Ministry receives donated medical supplies for COVID-19 fight
- Respect-paying ceremony held in US for former Party leader