The locally-made vegetarian pâté Minh Chay produced by Loi Song Moi Company(Photo: the Food Administration of Vietnam)
The patient is the seventh case relating to the locally-made vegetarian pâté Minh Chay produced by Loi Song Moi Company in Hanoi.
The patient was admitted to the hospital’s Nerve Ward with such symptoms as muscle weakness, droopy eyelids, muscle paralysis, limb weakness a month ago.
The patient’s relative revealed that the patient had eaten the vegan pâté Minh Chay after they were reading the articles that many people were suffering the same symptoms after having the contaminated pâté Minh Chay.
Physicians of the Nerve Ward and the Tropical Disease Ward met to discuss the cases. They arrived at conclusion that the patient was poisoned by pâté contaminated with botulinum.
Seven patients admitted to the infirmary have still put on ventilators so far. They may face complications after a long time of using ventilators.
By Thanh An – Translated by Dan Thuy
- Vietnam health ministry warns of toxin found in locally-made vegan pâté
- Seven in critical condition after eating vegan liver pate
- Police investigators to carry out probe into vegan pâté Minh Chay
- Lethal bacteria in vegan pate puts seven people on life support
- Food Administration orders to recall vegan pate following poisoning cases
- Hanoi company fined $755 after vegan pate poisons 14
- WHO antitoxin shipment to help thinly spread Vietnam treat botulism cases
- WHO sponsors 10 doses of botulism antitoxin to treat poisoned patients
- Ambassador thanks Vietnam for saving British patient