Vietnam’s health ministry on September 3 morning informed the 35th coronavirus fatality, an 83-year-old woman.
She was known as Patient No.761 a resident of the central city of Danang, who passed away due to Covid-19-related complications.
She suffered several underlying conditions, including chronic kidney failure, hypertension and gastrointestinal bleeding.
Her death was ascribed to severe pneumonia and respiratory failure caused by Covid-19 and blood infection. The patient died while receiving Covid-19 treatment at Hoa Vang District Medical Center.
At the time of writing, Vietnam has recorded 1046 Covid-19 cases, of them 262 still active and 746 have recovered. All 35 coronavirus fatalities were suffering underlying conditions such as kidney failure, cancer and diabetes.
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- COVID-19: No new cases reported, Vietnam has 15 fatalities
- Vietnam reports 15th COVID-19-related death
- Vietnam reports one more COVID-19 death
- Vietnam records second COVID-19 death on August 29
- Another patient dies of end-stage chronic kidney failure, COVID-19
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Vietnam records 2 more COVID-19 deaths, both with multiple comorbidities
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, tally now at 18