Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam confirmed two more COVID-19 cases on August 28 evening, including one in the central city of Da Nang and one imported case, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The 29-year-old female patient in Bac Son Tra district, Da Nang, had close contact with Patient 1036 and was found positive to SARS-CoV-2 on August 27.
Meanwhile, the 23-year-old man in Hanoi arrived at Van Don airport in Quang Ninh on flight VN5062 from Russia on August 11. He was put under quarantine in Hai Duong province upon his arrival, during which he shared a room with Patient 1034.
On August 25 he completed his quarantine period and came to a rented room on Hang Bai street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. Two days later, he was tested positive for the virus by the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control.
As of August 28 evening, Vietnam recorded 1038 COVID-19 infection cases, 689 of them are locally-transmitted. The number of new cases related to Da Nang has amounted to 547 since July 25.
As many as 69485 people who had close contacts with patients or entered from pandemic-hit areas are being quarantined, including 1466 in hospitals, 18200 at other establishments and 49819 at their homes.
Also according to the committee, 20 patients treated at Hoa Vang medical centre were given the all-clear of the virus the same day, together with three others at Da Nang Lung Hospital, one at the Ho Chi Minh Hospital for Tropical Diseases, one at Long Dien district’s medical centre in Ba Ria – Vung Tau and another at Hoa Lu district’s medical centre in Ninh Binh, raising the total number of recovery cases to 663.
Among patients under treatment at medical establishment, 46 tested negative for the virus once, 48 others twice and 29 three times. Vietnam has so far recorded 30 deaths related to the disease.
Amid the complicated developments of the pandemic, the Health Ministry suggested residents download Bluezone app to receive infection risk warnings./.
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Fourteen new COVID-19 cases confirmed, 13 linked to Da Nang
- Another 30 COVID-19 cases confirmed on August 2 evening
- Four new COVID-19 cases recorded on August 2 morning
- Vietnam reports two new COVID-19 cases on August 27
- Four more local infections of COVID-19 confirmed on August 19 evening
- Vietnam reports seven new COVID-19 cases on August 18 morning
- Four new imported COVID-cases recorded on August 31 evening
- Vietnam reports 12 new COVID-19 cases on August 17 evening